-->

Monday, December 27, 2004

Stardate 58122.7 (12-27-2004)
Natural disasters tax aid and relief agencies. I wonder how good the response will be for the scope of the quake and tsunamis in Southeast Asia and India. Sri Lanka was the hardest hit from the reports I have seen. I have only heard of the island as the home of Arthur C. Clarke (2001: A Space Odyssey among many other achievement s) With the toll at 23,000 at the time I write, and likely to go higher, I wonder if he survived.

I work with a few Indians. I have not heard of anyone with family in the affected areas. I thought one of them told me his family was closer to the west.

I returned to work after having the week before Christmas off. Not much has happened, but as expected, the place is pretty much deserted. The cubes around me are all occupied, however.

End of Entry