-->

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas 2004

Stardate 58122.6 (12-26-2004)
Pretty accurate, in my opinion.






Your Christmas is Most Like: A Christmas Story





Loving, fun, and totally crazy.
Don't shoot your eye out!

Your Christmas is Most Like: A Christmas Story

Loving, fun, and totally crazy.
Don't shoot your eye out!

What Movie is Your Christmas Like?

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was good, if a little sad. Rachel, who for almost all her life could not sleep Christmas Eve, figured out the secret behind Santa. Rumors had already been going around class. I suppose I am not ready for my little girl to be a young woman. But the choice is not up to me, and she is doing great. The bright side is that next Christmas Eve will not be so stressfull, since the boys have no problem sleeping.

Christmas Eve day we went to the Hardware Ranch near Logan to ride a wagon and see the elk. Rachel and Patrick got to sit up front with the driver, which they thought was pretty cool. Patrick was his usual animated self, asking lots of questions. Thomas initially didn't want to go, but once on the wagon, he thought it was great. We had planned to go see the lights in Ogden, but the wagon ride was cold, and everyone wanted to get warmed up.

Christmas morning the kids did not get up until 7! This has to be the latest since Rachel was a toddler. Rachel received Zodiac Girl dolls, Polly Pocket, and music CDs. The boys presents were more Imaginext castle sets, GI Joe action figures, and Poke'mon figures and cards. I followed April's advice from last year and got her some impractical gifts: perfume and the like. I got The Return of the King and TNG season 5 on DVD, and a laser level. I'm not much of a handyman, but I have learned the value of tools over the last ten years. I use the old bubble level a lot, but the laser one has hands free mode (it can stick to a wall), and it can be as long as I need.

The kids all received new personalized banks. Rachel, however, may need to open a bank account. She takes after my side of the family in the respect that she saves and saves.

I also received a few letters with the cards this year. It's good to catch up on what friends are doing, especially those that I have not talked to in a while.

The season is past the halfway point. One more birthday and a New Year's Eve party are left. If anyone wonders why I sometimes seem to disappear, it's because there are six birthdays as well as the holidays between Thanksgiving and New Years. This keeps us busy.

End of Entry