-->

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Rachel's birthday Age 8

Stardate 58122.1 (12-21-2004)
Rachel, Thomas, and I went out last night to get Rachel's birthday present: a hamster. We bought the cage and accessories a few weeks back so that everything was ready. Rachel was excited; she has been looking forward to this for months. Events kind of conspire to work out for the good, I think. We have a cat and dog. We used to have another cat, but we had to give him away because Patrick is allergic to cat hair. The other one is old and spends most of her time sleeping. Rachel would not have been able to get the hamster if we had both cats because the male was an accomplished hunter. I've see the female try to catch mice the male brought home, but she has no clue about what to do. She took a couple of looks at the cage, but apparently she decided it's too much effort. The dog could care less.

I took Rachel and her friends to Park City to go snow tubing. It was very cold, but they loved it. I don't mind cold that much, but I was thankful I remembered to bring a cap. No gloves, but I just stuck my hands in my pockets. The cold helped the tubing, because people were zooming down the slope. I kind of understand why they require a wavier. Sometimes someone didn't quite make it to the end, and sometimes they got slammed by someone behind them. On little boy got whacked hard by his father. 





We had cake and presents in the warming yurt. Rachel had a soccer game at 4:15, but it started to snow as we left. It took about 50 minutes to get to Park City, and about 100 to get back. She missed the game, but I think she would rather have the party anyway. 


Rachel on the left, Cortnee in the black and yellow coat, right of her is Melissa Benjamen and her mother, Britnee, Audra, and Liz.








I finished reading the the predecessor to "The DaVinci Code", "Angels and Demons". This is also a good book. So far, I have liked every book I have read written by Dan Brown. The guy sitting next to me on the plane was reading "Digital Fortress". There is one more book of his that I know about and have not read. It will have to be next on my list.

Fixed a bug in the Perl script that was generating these pages. Perl, like a lot of languages, counts the months starting with January = 0 instead of 1. I knew that, I just forgot to add one when it wrote the standard date.

End of Entry

No comments: