-->

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Amazing Race, The Polar Express Movie

Stardate 58122.2 (12-22-2004)
Kind of a strange Amazing Race. The teams did not reach a pit stop. The videos on the web site promised they would talk about it, but didn't. It was intentional, though. The team from Utah was eliminated a couple of weeks ago, and my next favorite, the pro wrestlers, are way behind.

We went to see "The Polar Express" today. It was a good movie, with some action and a nice storyline. Obviously, there was far more than the book. Tom Hanks did a great job. The animation was top of the line. I think in a short while it will be impossible to tell live actors from animated ones.

I'm still waiting in line to read "His Excellency". I am trying to decide if I really want to read the book. George Washington is one of my favorite historical figures. He is the only one who walked away from power. A comment in one blog I read complained that all sorts of books keep coming out about famous people and the dirt associated with them. Lewis Carrol was a pedophile. Others were gay, or slavers, or something else. I guess we forget they were human. I would think you don't want to know about the bad, but just try to emulate the good. Isn't that the purpose of heros? To give the rest of us a standard to reach for?

End of Entry

No comments: