-->

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Smog

Stardate 60013.0
Weather usually does not bother me. Yeah, I don't like getting caught in a cold rain, but a good coat and hat will help. The smog does bother me. What sort of clothing does one wear to guard against the brown air? I heard the story that the Indians called this the Valley of the Smokes. When we got to 12th street for Patrick's 7 AM game Saturday, you could not see the edge of the road on either side. It's a good thing I'd been there more than a dozen times and knew the landmarks well. That was just fog, but I can look up at the mountains and see the brown against the white of the snow. Patrick had been confined indoors as much as possible because he has had asthma symptoms in the past. Thomas and Rachel are staying in as well.

Basically there's been a lot of TV watching and video game playing. Rachel got Karaoke: American Idol for the PS/2. Paula Abdul evidently did not lend her name to it, because the judges are Randy, Simon, and Laura. The songs are kind of fun, although I keep confusing 'Do I Make You Proud' with Weird Al's 'Do I Creep You Out'.

We did get out to the Pinewood Derby. It was held in the gym this year instead of the cafeteria which made for a lot more room. Patrick's car passed inspection pretty easily, but I spent a good 30 minutes and two drills trying to get Thomas's car light enough. It was 2 tenths of an ounce over. This is the first time I've ever seen a car overweight without any extras. Both cars were slow. One of these years I need to research how to make the cars go better. The same person wins fastest car every year, and he says he did a lot of research.

End of Entry

No comments: