-->

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Orthodontist

Stardate 60012.8
Visiting the dentist with Rachel, he found an impacted tooth. It’s growing
in about 45 degrees under her other teeth. I think it’s pretty cool that he
noticed. You can only see it in an X-ray. He just saw a baby tooth were she
should have lost it, and decided to check further. Off to an orthodontist.
That was a little less impressive. It seemed to me to be more of a show off
of what could be done. I get what needs to be done, but I could have used
less of the show off.

So she will need braces. She was not excited about the prospect, but the
technology has changed. They showed us braces that have a wire which tries to pull itself back into into shape, and forces the teeth into place in the process. It's supposed to be less painful. I am not sure if this is true or not.

End of Entry

No comments: