-->

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Can't think of what to blog

Stardate 58030.6 (3-6-2005)
How come I can think of lots of subjects to blog on, but I draw a blank when I sit down to write one? 

Saturday was a long day again. There was basketball in the morning, Mountain Con, then Girl Scout Derby Day in the afternoon. Thank goodness neither Patrick or Rachel wanted to try out for Missoula (a theatre company that does plays with schools). That would have made it run well into the night. As it was, I worked until about 11 PM, and then again on Sunday morning. 



























Basketball was frustrating. One of my players was out due to a death in the family, and another didn't show up. Two others played even though they did not feel well. Almost as soon as a player crossed mid-court, one of the other team would take the ball and run down to score with it. This happened over and over. I am at a loss as to how to teach some basic techniques. There is only one game left, so I am out of luck.

Derby Day was fun. There were 35 girls with pinewood cars. The guy doing the racing has been at this for 15 years, and he does a great job. Rachel's car was not that fast, but she still had fun. She raced for another girl who was at Missoula. When the other girl showed up, Rachel told her she didn't win, and tried to console her by saying Rachel didn't win either. I don't think she cared. The fathers were far more into how the cars were performing. Rachel painted her car that same morning, and I put the wheels on it, so I wasn't expecting much. I did learn a few tips for next year, and for Patrick's cub scout derby.

Hurley was the backstory featured on Lost. He's not quite the character I thought he was going to be. He wins big in the lottery with some numbers he gets from mental hospital patient. The numbers are supposed to be bad luck. Those same numbers lured others to the island. The numbers were analyzed all over the net, especially the fact one of them was 42. 47 did not show up. I am wondering if the producers will try to extend all the mysteries to a second season. Twin Peaks tried that, and caught so much flak from fans the show was canceled.

I remember now what it was I wanted to get down. The guy who was hired to replace me declined. He got a counter offer from his current job, and apparently it was massive. Pick of any project, all the training and conventions he wants, six figure salary. I can't blame him, but it does leave me stuck again. 

Finally, my dad went to the ER last Friday. He has a muscle contusion, and can't walk very far. This was from the fall he took last week. It has to be very painful. He didn't break a hip, so there is that.

End of Entry

No comments: