-->

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Cognitive Overload

Stardate 58010.5 (1-5-2005)

Bet you didn't know all the highlights for 2004 in math. Well, neither did I. I readily admit to not understanding what a lot of it is about, and I didn't even know Bobby Fischer was a wanted criminal.

If you hadn't heard about these, you might be suffering from Cognitive Overload. I'd agree with some of it. Nowadays, you can't go anywhere that is not connected by cell phone, email, IM, and a host of other ways to stay in contact. I heard on NPR that internet access is now available in the nations parks. Generally, it's a good thing, especially when you get into trouble. And I am old enough to remember the little drawers of cards at the library, and spending sometimes hours searching for the book I was looking for. But at other times it would be nice to get away from it all. I personally have times were concentration on a task is necessary to get it done, so email, IM, and cell get shut off. It probably annoys people, but it needs to be, at least for me.

End of Entry

No comments: