-->

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Superman is dead

Stardate 58101.4 (10-14-2004)
Superman is dead. Christopher Reeves, who took the Man of Steel to a number of big screen movies, passed away last weekend. He suffered an accident on a horse in 1995, and was paralyzed from the neck down. He became a bigger man by using his fame to champion a number of issues. I was rooting for him in his goal to walk again. I loved the cartoon in the Standard-Examiner that showed an empty wheelchair by a window, and the comic book character soaring away from the balcony.

I am getting a little paranoid in my old age. I was working on the monthly testing Saturday, and I received a meeting notice from the department manager. I was the only one on the list. I can't remember the last time I had a one-on-one with her. I worried about it all weekend. It turned out that as our group's supervisor is taking a new job in technical support, she wanted to know if there were any concerns or questions I might have.  

Enterprise started out a little bad, but not too bad given where they left it. The idea of the temporal cold war is coming to an end. I can't say I am sad to see it go. It never really made sense to me. Much of the the rest of the season looks good, though.

Saturday's Ticonderoga auction was great fun, and it seemed to go well. The only bad thing is that I forget my camera. The Ticonderoga website has no photos from 2004, and I was hoping to add a few. I was glad to see Ray Graham's art go for good money. He does excellent work. I wish I had that kind of talent.

There's going to be a lunar eclipse on October 27th. I hope to get a few pictures of it, and it should interest the kids, at least for a few minutes.
We are not sure what we are doing for Halloween this year. Last year was such a disappointment. I am still holding out hope that we will find somewhere to do some serious trick-or-treating.

End of Entry

No comments: