-->

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Boise, the Next Day

Stardate 60041.7
The team won the game at 7 on Saturday easily, and won the semi-final on Sunday morning. The championship was at 1 PM. I was amused that we were in Idaho, and the teams in both the U9 and U11 boys championship games were from Salt Lake and Ogden soccer clubs. Patrick had been running around all morning, so the coach asked if he could play. I told him fine, but I didn't bring his shoes or shin guards. One of the mothers suggested going to the First Aid station to tape his ankle. Suddenly the whole team was involved in getting him ready to play. This was my favorite part of the whole weekend. One offered an extra pair of shin guards, and everyone offered other pieces of uniform. Jordi, who has never said a word to us before (he seems shy), asked me what size shoes Patrick wore. I told him, and he said he wore the same and had an extra pair. We cobbled Patrick together, and as I walked him to where the rest of the team the assistant coach asked if we had everything. I told him yes, and who gave what. When I got to the shoes, he had a strange look on his face. He then told me Jordi had a $100 pair of shoes he had not worn yet, and was very careful about. Patrick did well, although not at his best. The Salt Lake team won, though. Ogden got second place. Not bad for a first tournament.

Favorite Quote: "That was a fun vacation." - Thomas, upon getting back from Boise.

Finished Dark Lord, The Rise of Darth Vader.

End of Entry

No comments: