-->

Monday, June 20, 2005

Rome: Total War

Stardate 58062.0 (6-20-2005)
Kudos to Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale for an outstanding Batman Begins. They went a long way to make you care about the man in the costume, and why he dons it. This is even better than the Tim Burton feature. You don't get to see Batman until about an hour into it. Bale put the same voice change that Kevin Conroy did for the animated series. The movie ends with the promise of a sequel with the Joker. Rumor is that the Clown Prince of Crime might be played by Mark Hamill. It would not be a big leap for him since he did an excellent job as the voice of the same character in the animated series. I would recommend you see this.

I finally loaded Rome:Total War, and I am already addicted. You start out in 329 B.C. (or B.C.E., in the new nomenclature). Rome is just the city and the area that immediately surrounds it. You are one of the ruling families, and you expand your power by conquering cities and building resources. I defeated the Greek hoplites pretty easily, but the Gauls gave me trouble. There are also options to fight a historical battle, or just a random battle. 

The weekend went ok. I got the south fence painted. The kids (mine and two extras, plus the neighborhood kids, somewhere between 5 and 10 most of the time) were ok, but the boys could not seem to find anything to do except play video games. I don't mind that they do, but when they can't think of anything else to do, I get concerned.

End of Entry

No comments: