-->

Sunday, February 22, 2004

New Camera

Stardate 57022.2 (02-22-2004)

I bought a new digital camera Saturday afternoon. It's funny how you never notice some things. The quality on this is much better than the old one. Of course, the old one is ancient by technological time scales, but up until December it worked ok. It does remind me I need to put more photo scrapbooks together. It does have other advantages over the old one. It looks like a camera instead of a PDA, and April can take pictures with it. She never figured out the old one.

Friday Rachel had a friend on a sleepover, and then we went to her basketball game. I was out buying some things for a girl scout day later that afternoon, so I missed the game. The girls told me it was good (24 to 12 win). The girls went to the girl scout day, and then I dropped them off at a birthday party at Hill AFB. Rachel and two of her friends stayed here until about 7, and then she and my sons watched 'Holes' on DVD. Today we went with my sister Susan to Park City to tube, and then to dinner. Patrick told April tonight that this was one of the best days he has ever had. They were all very tired by the end of the day, and so am I.

April was watching the Screen Actors Guild awards tonight. Johnny Depp won best actor for 'Pirates of The Caribbean', which was something of a surprise. I really liked his performance in that movie. So do my sons, who grab a sword (or any conceivable  object that might be imagined to be one), and state they are 'Captain Jack Sparrow'. 'Lord of the Rings' won for best cast, which is the equivalent in everything but name of best picture. April says that the movie that wins this almost always wins best picture at the Oscars. I hope so, because there has been a lot of talk lately about 'Lost in Translation'. I haven't seen that one, so I don't know if it is better. When I think of Bill Murray, I still picture 'Caddyshack'.

Rachel is still slogging through 'The Three Investigators' book. One of the main characters talks in long words, many of which she does not understand. So she has been asking for meanings quite a bit. Some people say I talk using long words a lot. I wonder if this is where I started doing that.

This morning, for the first time I can remember, Thomas went to April instead of me to ask for something. I've been short tempered lately, and from this and comments Rachel and Patrick have made today I realized I have been taking it out on my kids. I need to stop that.

There was more I was going to write, but it has moved on. I am drugged because of a sore throat, so that is part of the problem. The rapid strep test came back negative, so I can be thankful for small favors.

End of Entry

No comments: