-->

Thursday, February 16, 2006

ENIAC Storm

Stardate 59021.6
Whoa, for a little storm, it sure messed things up. Yesterday it started to snow. And snow. And snow. After watching the traffic reports, I decided that a phone wire would be a less slippery way of working. It turned out to be a good decision. On the way to pick up the Rachel from school, there were lots of slid offs and accidents. I did manage to get Rachel to her piano lesson. That was interesting because they had about 50 Star Trek and Star Wars micro machines. Her son’s valentine box was a paper Mache’ Enterprise-A. Later I found out whole sections of I-15 in Bountiful and Centerville were closed.
James at fencing was surprised we showed up. He said few came when there was a lot of snow. Patrick went through the motions, but didn’t suit up this time.
This morning was a repeat of yesterday. I dropped the kids off at school, and when I headed back, the freeway was slow, and stopped completely at Layton. So back to telecommuting. The snow stopped and the sun came out, and the streets cleared.

Happy 60th birthday, ENIAC.

End of Entry