-->

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Replace laptop screens

I actually managed to replace two broken laptop screens with new ones. Thomas found his cracked last year. I didn't do much about it because it could be hooked to an external monitor. Rachel left hers on the floor and it slid under the couch. When she went to use it it was broken when someone sat on the couch and pressed down on it. Her laptop is a chromebook so there was no external monitor port. I did some googling and found the instructions for taking it apart. I tried it and it worked. A quick search on Amazon located a replacement. I also replaced the screen on the other one a few weeks later. I did not send that one 2nd day so FedEx for some reason sent it to USPS. That added an extra day. In the end though both are working.

No comments: