-->

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Rome: Total War

Stardate 58110.3 (11-03-2004)
Rome: Total War, the demo version, was loaded tonight. The interface took a little getting used to, but it seems to be a good game. All you can do in the demo is a tutorial, and the Battle of Trebia. This is supposed to be an easy battle, but I found it a little intimidating due to the number of units you need to control. You get to be Hannibal in his second meet up with the Romans. All in all this looks to be a fun game. 

This is the game engine used in for the battle scenes in Decisive Battles. I am a little miffed that this was moved off of Sunday at 9 PM to Friday at 7 PM. One of the great mysteries of life is why every show I want to watch comes on at the same time. In this case we have the aforementioned Decisive Battles, Joan of Arcadia, and Star Trek: Enterprise. And it's not like I watch that many. Dish Network came out with a built in recorder for their satellite receivers this year. It seems like a good idea except that they only record one show at a time. That doesn't help me.

They are coming out with a new version of Pirates! this month. I used to play the old version on the Amiga computer when it came out in the mid 80’s. The basic idea is still there, but they have updated the graphics and game play. The site does not have a demo, which makes me a little upset. I'd like to try the game out. 

No comments: