-->

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Feature

Stardate 57080.8 (08-08-2004)

One of the blogs I visit had an interesting feature. The ones he linked to would show the last time it was updated. I wondered how I could do this, and it occurred to me that most of the blogs I read have an RSS feed. I am not happy with the feed readers for the simple fact that they are tied to a computer. If I read the article on on computer, it shows up as new on another. Another reason that has nothing to do with readers or RSS is that they are not allowed where I work. Not sure why, since someone showed that they took less bandwidth then reading HTML into IE 6. Searching the net turned up Feed2JS. Give it the address of the feed you want, and it generates JavaScript code to copy and paste to a web page. It also offers the PHP code if you want to host the stuff yourself. I added the JS code to the bottom of my blogs page. I fiddled with CSS to make it look the way I want, and I am pleased. It almost makes me want to go to the trouble of offering an RSS feed for my personal logs.

Patrick and Thomas, and friend, decided to take a bunch of bowls, dog dish, and anything they could find that would hold water, and made a mud puddle of my back patio. I let it dry a little, and then they swept it for the better part of an hour in the hot sun. (I did allow breaks with juice. I am not completely cruel. Don't go call DCFS.) I think I got the point across about how hard that is to clean, and not doing it again. (And this is not the first time this has happened.)

Home Depot refunded the money for the deck railing. Now on to someone else to get the deck DONE!

End of Entry

No comments: