-->

Monday, July 12, 2004

Performance

Stardate 57071.2 (07-12-2004)

Got my performance review last week. It went about as expected. I do well at my job. It's been busier than normal the last few months, so I can't complain of being bored. Installing VS .NET has given me something new to play with. I am still trying to figure out the COM interface to automate creating projects. I had serviceable macros for this in version 6, but they are not supported in .NET. The documentation is a little lacking on the interface. 

I replace the battery in the van over the weekend. It seems like we go through a battery about every three years.

Friday was a farewell lunch for a fellow employee. He's not leaving the company, just moving to Minneapolis. He's a good guy, smart, and he came up with a lot of good ideas and different ways of looking at things. During lunch the conversation turned to work, and of several people who were being let go. Their jobs are moving to Minneapolis as well. There was also discussion of the large corporation attitude and the mixed messages you get about how well a company is doing, but there is a limited amount of money for raises, tools, etc.

I was told after the last Mountain Con meeting that I don't speak up enough. I know, but the problem is I tend to analyze to death what I want to say. Therefore I don't say much of anything. I read an article in the Reader's Digest about Donald Trump. He says he rarely uses the 'You're fired' in real life. He gave ten tips about being successful, and one is to make your accomplishments known, because no one else will. It must be bothering me, because I dreamed I was on 'The Apprentice' last night. I don't usually remember my dreams, and this was strange since I know I wouldn't last on that show. I was doing ok just by not being noticed. The dream ended like that as I had to get up for work.

Frisky goes back to the people to gave him to us. It's sad, and Patrick has now realized what this means. But there isn't any real choice. The medication is not working as well as it did, and he is waking up coughing in the night.

I don't think it was as hot this year as the last few years, and the weather report tonight confirmed it. It's been in the low 90's, but I remember it being in the triple digits in June of last year.

Chuck Allison is up to do some training this week. It's good to see him again.

End of Entry

No comments: