-->

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cub Scout Cake Auction

Stardate 58022.4 (2-24-2005)

Last Saturday was interesting. I got to the gym in time, but forgot where the keys were. It took a couple of calls to find them. I had no idea exactly how to run the scoreboard, but after the first few games I figured it out. Fortunately, there is no scorekeeping for the 5-6 year olds. By the time the 7-8 were up, I had it all worked out. Or so I thought. There is a paid referee for the 9-10s, and he stopped the first game a couple of times to tell me what I was doing wrong. He was not mean about it, but a lot of the parents were laughing. All in all, it was fun. Not so for April, who had to run to Rock Springs to get a batch of reagent for the lab. The kids were stuck all day with me. They did good, except for Patrick snacking the whole time.

The cub scouts had a cake auction as a fund raiser on Tuesday. On the advice of one of the moms with older kids, we made a simple cake, and put Pokemon toys on it. The cake that sold for the most was also simple, except the 'decoration' was three lower level Jazz tickets (vs the LA Clippers), and a parking pass. It went for $160, which just barely covered the cost.







Basketball practice on Wednesday was a bust. Rachel's went well. The coach was out of town, so the assistant ran it. He taught some interesting things, such as elbow against the back blocking. He also made any girl who was not listening run a lap. This did not go over well with some of the girls, but he got the points across. Only two boys showed up for mine, but with Rachels help we did a few things. I banged my ring finger up, though, and it is still swollen.

End of Entry

No comments: