-->

Monday, April 26, 2004

Stardate 57042.6 (04-26-2004)

I bought a wireless router Saturday, along with a DVD recorder and a new video card. I had intended to buy only the card because Patrick has a new game that requires a better video card than what was in the computer. I also had "The Simpsons: Hit and run" that required it. That game is pretty fun, even April enjoyed it. Basically, you run around town trying to fulfill tasks. I have not seen all the animations that the commercials had, but I intend to. The router took a few days to get up and running. The manual says there is a reset switch, but I had to call tech support to have them tell me I needed to hold it in for fifteen seconds. The tech guy spoke with an accent, which makes me suspect the service center is in India.

I've been watching Steven while Carl and Erica go to a class on house buying. Patrick asked me last week if Steven could still come over after they were done. I take it from this he likes having Steven over. I am not sure how Steven feels about it. He's been good, as he quickly tells his dad. It would be better if the weather were nice, and everyone could play outside.

Rachel has been keeping her own journal. She writes in it from time to time. I found out because April was cleaning her room, and it was open. On a day where she had several meltdowns, she wrote that it was one of her best days because she got to stay over at a friends house, and she scored two goals. She reads this one every once in a while. I hope it encourages her to keep her own up.

Thomas has been to daycare a couple of times. The last time the person said he cried the six hours he was there. I guess the older they are, the harder it is to get used to being away from home. Patrick and Rachel didn't seem to have as much of a problem as Thomas does.

Saturdays are very busy lately. There is AYSO soccer in the morning, Jayhawk soccer in the afternoon, and April goes to work. One more week until she goes to days, and I go to 4 ten hour days. I am looking forward to having Friday off. It'll be a big change, but I think it will be for the best.


End of Entry

No comments: